Walking is known as one of the best exercise methods of the 21st century, and there is no time or space limitation. It is a mechanical movement that comes with us every day. However, there seems to be a simple way to walk, but there is a lot of knowledge in it. According to the data published by the US Journal of Prevention, walking 30 minutes a day and maintaining a moderate to fast speed can protect heart health, reduce body aches and improve mood… It takes only 30 minutes to get a quick-acting drug. benefit? The answer is undoubtedly, and many of the latest international studies have clearly pointed out that the key to the effectiveness of walking in disease prevention, cancer prevention and longevity is how to go.
Out of health
If you walk 7 hours a week (on a daily basis), you can: the incidence of coronary heart disease, heart disease is reduced by 30%, the risk of cancer in pancreatic cancer is reduced by 50%, and the risk of death can be reduced by 50%. If you develop cancer, people who walk frequently have a 57% lower degree of cancer deterioration than those who do not. One hour of walking a day can be: 50% preventive effect on type 2 diabetes, reducing the risk of breast cancer by 12%, suitable for women of any age. Walking for ten minutes every day, you can: elderly people over 60 years old, 3 days a week, more than 45 minutes of walking exercise, help maintain good cognitive function and avoid dementia. Walking 20 minutes a day can help prevent premature death from cancer, heart disease and stroke every year. In short –
1. Walking can enhance heart function and make the heart slow and powerful.
2. Walking can enhance blood vessel elasticity and reduce the possibility of blood vessel rupture.
3. Walking can strengthen muscle strength, strengthen legs, bones and muscles, and make joints flexible, promoting blood circulation and metabolism.
4. Walking can enhance the function of digestive gland secretion, promote regular motility of the gastrointestinal tract, increase appetite, and have a good effect on prevention and treatment of hypertension, diabetes, obesity, habitual constipation and other symptoms.
5. Walking in the fresh air outdoors, the brain thinking activity becomes clear and flexible, which can effectively eliminate mental fatigue and improve learning and work efficiency. According to relevant experts, three times a week, one hour each time, for four months in a row, compared with those who do not like sports, the former is keen, and both visual and memory are dominant.
6. Walking is a kind of static and dynamic, static and active fitness, which can relieve nervous muscle tension. According to experts, when the feelings of irritability and anxiety flock to the heart, walking for 15 minutes at a brisk pace can alleviate tension and stabilize emotions.
7. Regular walking, will eliminate the ischemic symptoms of the heart or lower blood pressure, so that the body can eliminate fatigue, happy spirit, relieve flustered heart.
So, what is the correct posture?
Walking is not the same as daily walking, walking and shopping. If you are not walking, it may cause pain to your body! The US “Prevention” magazine suggests that when you walk, you put your mind on your feet and feel that the heel to the toes step on the ground one by one, which can divert attention and relax the spirit.
The first step, standing straight, feels that the body is growing taller, the head is facing the sky, and the feet are firmly rooted on the ground. You can also imagine yourself like a doll with a rope connecting your hair and pulling you up. This allows the cervical vertebra to properly support the weight of the head, relieve the pressure on the neck muscles, and the neck lines can be smoother and more beautiful.
The second step is to stand up straight, lift your hips, lift your shoulders, and slowly relax to the same level. Look from the side, your ears, shoulders, hips, and knees should be in a straight line.
The third step is to lift the chin and look straight ahead, and the neck must be “positive”. During the walking process, the neck naturally moves forward with the body, instead of swinging back and forth, especially not “exploring the head.”
In the fourth step, gently lift your leg and take your foot, then “roll” from the heel to the toe and then lift the other foot.
In the fifth step, if you are taking a flat road, you should pay attention to shrinking the lower abdomen. When walking, the buttocks should be twisted forward appropriately, so that the abdominal muscles can bear more strength. If you want to lose weight, it is best to walk more.
4 wrong ways to walk
Walking down, many people are looking down at the mobile phone with their heads down, affecting the human cervical spine, causing people to hunch and deform the spine. In addition, walking down the road does not look ahead, and it is easy to accident on the side of the road.
Walking without swinging arms. Physiologists believe that walking the spine will rotate, which will cause the arm to swing, if the arm can not swing freely, indicating that the movement of the back is limited, easy to cause back pain.
The landing point is not balanced. Sometimes people walk in a sway, the legs are affected by different sizes, the walking is not straight, and the center of gravity is pressed to the other side. In the long run, the legs are easily deformed.
The sole of the foot touches the ground. When a healthy person walks, the heel first touches the ground. If you walk before the forefoot, most of the muscles have poor control.
Ignore the necessary preparations,
Easy to cause physical damage
1. Ignore the warm-up before exercise and the stretching after exercise.
Before exercise, you must first do a “warm-up exercise” for 5 minutes, stretching the ankles, knees, ankles, and lower back, improving muscle blood supply and flexibility, and avoiding soft tissue damage such as ligaments and muscles.
2. Blindly pursuing the number of steps and comparing each other may damage the knee and is not good for your health.
3. Do not exercise according to your own physical condition. If you have chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory diseases, lumbar disc herniation or lower extremity arthritis, exercise under the guidance of a doctor, otherwise it may aggravate the condition.
4. Intermittent exercise can only be done with no work. Continuous exercise has the value of exercise, at least for more than 10 minutes at a time.
5. It is wrong to not drink water during exercise and drink a lot after exercise. It is recommended to replenish water in several stages. According to the temperature, properly add water in the exercise, supplement it in several times, and don’t drink too much at one time.
6. Ignore sun protection. Do not forget sunscreen in any season. Sunlight is the main cause of skin aging, especially in the summer sun and not to mention, sunburn is not worth the loss.
Pay attention to these details and really improve your physical condition
Walking speed: Walking speed can be divided into 4 types: slow speed (70-90 steps/min), medium speed (90-120 steps/min), fast (120-140 steps/min), and extreme speed (140 steps/min/min) ). The best speed recommended is medium speed.
Each step: If you calculate by 120 steps per minute, the most suitable step is 5000 to 8000 steps. But you can’t blindly pursue the number of steps, depending on your physical condition, otherwise it will cause damage. According to the individual circumstances, choose the appropriate exercise intensity, pay attention to the gradual progress.
2. The duration and frequency of exercise
30 minutes a day, excluding warm-up before and after exercise, can maintain health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. If you want to lose weight, you can increase the exercise time to 60 to 90 minutes, preferably 3 to 5 times a week.
3. Sports dress
When walking, it is best to choose loose, breathable and flexible sportswear. The most important thing is to choose a pair of suitable walking shoes, comfortable, breathable, looser head, elastic and cushioning sneakers to avoid injury to the arch and toe.
4. Choice of exercise time
When choosing sports, choose a suitable climate, the weather is fine, the sun, temperature and humidity are suitable, you can choose 9 to 10 am or 4 to 6 in the afternoon.
5. Sports venue
It is best to choose a plastic site. The asphalt road and concrete road surface are relatively hard, and the impact on the knee joint and the ankle is large, which may cause damage. The location should be quiet, fresh air, such as the riverside, the coast, the park or the boulevard.
Walk and add “one step” to eliminate the pain
Walking backwards can exercise the waist and back muscles that are rarely used. If you are a sedentary office worker and an elderly person who is sitting on TV for a long time, then the best way to exercise is to go backwards.
Method: You can combine walking and walking, half an hour a day. Be careful not to fall into the back of the thing.
2. Constipation takes a step
Taking a step will drive the ankle to twist, which will help increase the waist strength, stimulate the gastrointestinal motility, and effectively prevent constipation.
Method: Walk along a straight line (ie, the model step) and twist to the left and right sides. The amount of exercise is not too big. It is enough to walk 500 meters. When taking a step, pay attention to the action range not too big, so as not to sprain your ankle. It can also cooperate with the movements of the abdomen.
3. Guarding the kidneys and walking
Walking on the ground, mainly on the inner side of the forefoot, the thumb and the force of the foot, and this area is the place where the foot Shaoyin kidney, the foot yin and the liver and the foot yin and spleen pass through, so the warm feet and kidney yang The role.
Method: 10 minutes or so per day, you can stop and go in the middle, rest when you are tired.
4. Breathe while taking a side
Persevere in walking and tapping the body to exercise, can enhance the function of the lungs, help the breathing smooth.
Method: While the left foot is moving forward, both hands are opened to the sides of the body. While the left foot is landing, the right hand gently taps the left chest, and the left hand taps to the right lower back. Then change direction and move forward while shooting.
Test before walking
It is recommended that you do a test first, that is, whether your heart and knee can adapt to this exercise. Of course, most people are suitable, but it is better to test it. The method is “6-minute test method”. Go back and forth on a 100-meter straight road, walk for 6 minutes at a comfortable speed, and then estimate the walking distance: less than 300 meters: very poor, not recommended to use walking; 300 ~ 374.9 meters: recommended from Slow walking begins; 375 ~ 449.5 meters: meet the conditions above 450 meters: better, can be improved by walking movement. If you can reach: 375 meters or more in 6 minutes, you can walk every day, and people below 375 meters may have problems with the heart and knees. It is not suitable for this sport. It is recommended to use swimming, walking and other losses. motion.