The physiological functions of progesterone
Female hormones are divided into estrogen and progesterone, and progesterone plays a role in promoting the maturation of female sexual organs and the display of secondary sexual characteristics during the growth and development of women, and maintains normal reproductive function after female development is completed.
Progesterone is secreted by the corpus luteum in the ovary, and its main component is progesterone. The main physiological function of progesterone is to inhibit ovulation and promote endometrial secretion, thereby laying the foundation for the implantation of fertilized eggs. At the same time, it can also reduce the excitability of uterine muscles and ensure the safety of pregnancy; the second is to promote the growth of breast alveoli , Has a positive effect on lactation.
Signs of early pregnancy
The total length of pregnancy is about 40 weeks, and the 0-12 weeks of pregnancy is usually considered the early pregnancy stage. This stage is an important time period for the fertilized egg to develop into a healthy embryo, rapid embryo differentiation and rapid fetal development. At this stage, the mother is prone to more obvious pregnancy reactions. If women have the following situations, they must consider the factors of early pregnancy.
1. For women of normal reproductive age, under the condition that their menstrual period is accurate, the menstrual period has passed, but the menstruation is delayed, especially when the menopause time exceeds 8 weeks, the possibility of early pregnancy is greater. Do a detailed inspection to be sure.
2. For long-term dizziness and vomiting without warning, or loss of appetite, women may consider whether it is an early pregnancy.
3. When a woman is pregnant, the bladder will be compressed due to the expansion of the uterus. At this time, the mother’s urination frequency will increase. Therefore, if menstruation is delayed and the frequency of urination is significantly more frequent, you can also consider whether there is an early pregnancy phenomenon. In the later stages of pregnancy, the increase in the frequency of urination will be more obvious.
4. When the female body has pigmentation, pregnancy spots on the face, and a certain degree of swelling and pain in the breast, it can be considered whether it is an early pregnancy. However, the specific situation will vary according to individual physical differences.
In short, the performance of early pregnancy is actually quite complicated and varies from person to person. Any of the above phenomena cannot be arbitrarily considered as early pregnancy. Women must go to the hospital for corresponding examinations to get accurate results.
The effect of progesterone during pregnancy
Progesterone plays a key role in the whole process of a woman’s pregnancy, whether it is conception or developmental stage. When female patients during pregnancy need to use drugs for treatment, they usually choose progesterone drugs for them. Ensure the safety of the mother and fetus.
Studies have shown that different progestins have different characteristics and effects, and their effects on pregnant women are also different. Both progesterone and dydrogesterone are sources of progesterone, and there is essentially no factor synthesizing with other hormones, which can effectively protect the safety of patients and fetuses. Progesterone and dydrogesterone can have the following effects on pregnant women.
1. Protect the fetus to exist safely in the mother. For the fertilized eggs and embryos that appear in the day after birth, the body cannot immediately recognize that they are small lives that should exist, and will be repellent to a certain extent. The intake of progesterone derived from progesterone can protect the body from it. The fetus was excreted, causing a miscarriage.
2. Promote endometrial secretion at an appropriate time. The increase in the secretion of the endometrium can adjust the body tissues in the mother’s body and turn it into an environment suitable for embryos and fetuses.
3. Appropriate decidualization. Progesterone plays a vital role in the maintenance of the decidua function of the endometrium. The normal function of the decidua can effectively protect the embryo from implantation, maintain normal body functions during pregnancy, and initiate childbirth at a reasonable time.
4. Prevent uterine contraction. During pregnancy, uterine contractions can cause abdominal pain in pregnant women and adversely affect the fetus in the womb. This is a condition that needs to be carefully prevented during pregnancy.
5. Prevent uterine infection and cervical infection. Uterine infection and cervical infection are clinically very serious gynecological diseases, and the intake of progesterone can effectively prevent the occurrence of infection, and to a certain extent reduce the risk index of the mother and fetus during pregnancy.
In short, during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, the embryo or fetus is relatively fragile. Medical staff must carefully consider the choice of drugs before implementing any preventive and therapeutic methods. Drugs containing progesterone are the best choice for pregnant women.