What is acute epiglottitis
the epiglottis is located above the throat of the blade-like structure, closed throat when swallowing food, to avoid the role of food into the trachea. Acute epiglottitis is an acute inflammatory lesion of the epiglottis mucosa, which often has a rapid onset.
1. Infection: The pathogenic bacteria are mainly influenza B virus, staphylococcus, streptococcus, pneumococcus, diphtheria-like bacillus, etc. Sometimes mixed infection of bacteria and virus may occur.
2. Allergies: more common in acute onset after exposure to allergens (such as pollen, dust, etc.).
3. Trauma and foreign body damage, such as fishbone damage.
4. Epiglottic cyst or secondary infection of new organisms.
The above reasons are the basis of the disease. The disease occurs when it happens to be caused by staying up late, tired, drinking, etc. or when there is a decline in the body’s resistance.
1. Acute onset, with fever, chills, headache and general malaise.
2. Sore throat, the most important manifestation of this disease, gradually aggravates with the development of the disease, and is obvious when swallowing, so there is often saliva overflow.
3. Due to the swelling of the epiglottis, the speech is slurred, which is like “in the mouth.”
4. In severe cases, the throat may be blocked, causing poor breathing or even breathing difficulties. If not rescued in time, it can cause acute laryngeal obstruction and endanger the life of the patient.
5. Indirect laryngoscopy or fiber laryngoscopy, the epiglottis is red and swollen, especially on the tongue surface, which can be spherical when it is heavy; if an abscess is formed, yellow and white pus spots can be seen on the epiglottis tongue.
How to prevent it?
1. Keep exercising and improve resistance.
2. Avoid overwork, staying up late, drinking, etc.
3. Pay attention to oral hygiene, develop good hygiene habits, and be cautious when eating foods containing bone spurs.
4. Pay attention to the surrounding environment and keep away from areas with serious pollution by dust and toxic and harmful gases.
5. Actively treat chronic rhinitis, chronic tonsillitis, allergic rhinitis, epiglottic cysts and other diseases.
6. Once a “sore throat” occurs, it should be diagnosed and treated in a timely manner, and drugs should not be taken without authorization.
Small link: epiglottitis diet
melon rich in dietary fiber, can promote appetite, can also be easily absorbed in the intestine, eat melon conducive to the recovery of the patient.
Milk is rich in high-quality protein, which can enhance human immunity, improve disease resistance, and help patients recover.
Crucian carp soup is rich in high-quality protein, which can promote the absorption of intestinal nutrients, enhance human immunity, and is very helpful for the recovery of patients.
It should be noted that hot pepper is relatively irritating and easily stimulates the nerves and blood vessels, leading to increased inflammation in the epiglottis, which is not conducive to the recovery of the patient’s body. It is best not to eat it.
What is acute epiglottitis