With the continuous development of society and economy, people face tremendous pressure in life and work every day, and many people have not developed good living and eating habits, which leads to a high incidence of constipation. If you have frequent constipation, you need to actively investigate the cause, because long-term constipation is likely to have an adverse effect on your health.
Long-term constipation 4 hazards
Constipation mainly refers to various defecation disorders, including non-defecation for many days, abdominal pain or even bleeding during defecation, dry stool and hard nodules. Occasional constipation is generally caused by unexpected factors. Even if you don’t pay attention, you may be able to recover later; but if constipation occurs frequently or long-term constipation, you need to pay special attention to it, because constipation can cause a lot to the body. Great harm.
First, constipation itself is partly caused by too few secretions in the intestines. Frequent constipation in turn will cause damage to the intestinal mucosa. The intestines are often in a harsh environment and are prone to various problems. , Including loss of appetite, fullness of the abdomen, belching, bitter mouth, bad breath, excessive exhaust, etc., for a long time can also affect appetite and cause malnutrition.
Second, people with constipation will exert long-term force during the defecation process, which will cause the heart rate to increase, leading to an increase in myocardial oxygen consumption, causing “defecating angina” and further leading to myocardial infarction. Therefore, middle-aged and elderly people are especially those suffering from hypertension, heart disease, and cerebral arteriosclerosis. Constipation can induce cardiovascular accidents.
Third, constipation can also have a significant psychological impact, which can easily lead to problems such as anxiety and depression, and the more anxiety a person has, the more difficult it is to defecate.
Fourth, the accumulated stool will have a strong pressure on the intestines, so people with frequent constipation are more likely to develop hemorrhoids.
5 things to do well for long-term constipation
After the occurrence of constipation, you must first find out the cause. After excluding organic intestinal diseases, you can try the following methods-
1. Develop good bowel habits. Defecation at a fixed time every day, and a habit is formed over time. After developing this habit, you will have a bowel movement at a fixed time every day, which is conducive to the excretion of feces. Gastro-colon reflex and postural reflex are produced after three meals a day and morning after morning, which induces colonic movement to push stool from the sigmoid colon into the rectum. This is the best time to defecate. It is especially recommended to complete defecation after morning or breakfast. This is the day The best time is to get enough sleep and rest for a night, the physical strength is in the best state, and it is easier to pass stool. If you have the intention to defecate after getting up every morning, it means that your regular bowel habit has been formed and continue to maintain it; if not, keep working hard, and it will slowly form after 1 to 2 months of training.
2. Eat more foods rich in fiber. Some people are always picky eaters. When the intake of vegetables is too small, the body needs insufficient dietary fiber, which may lead to a decrease in gastrointestinal motility, and the possibility of constipation will also be higher. Therefore, people with constipation need to eat more cellulose-rich fruits and vegetables, because dietary fiber is not digested and absorbed in the intestines and is the main raw material to form solid stool. When eating more dietary fiber, the amount of stool will also increase. Stool reaches a certain volume and reaches the rectum to induce defecation nerve reflex.
3. Drink plenty of water. The gastrointestinal tract of normal adults secretes about 6-8 liters of gastric juice, intestinal juice, pancreatic juice and bile every day for the digestion, absorption and transport of nutrients in the small intestine. Therefore, adults drink at least 7-8 glasses (1500-1700 ml) of water a day to ensure the circulation of intestinal water secretion and absorption. Promote drinking plain water and light tea.
4. Supplement probiotics. Various probiotics in the colon, such as lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria, are essential for the formation of stool. Probiotics proliferate in large numbers. Food residues that have not been digested and absorbed or are not beneficial to the body can be excreted under the escort of probiotics. Therefore, people with constipation can use probiotic preparations under the guidance of a doctor.
5. Massage the abdomen. Lie on your back on the bed, first use your right hand with five fingers close together, centering on your belly button, from small to large, hands from light to heavy, from slow to fast, rotate clockwise around the belly button to massage your abdomen 100 times. Then use the left hand to massage the abdomen 100 times in the opposite direction, and alternately massage the abdomen with both hands for 15 to 20 minutes, to the degree that the belly is red and hot. It is best to drink a glass of warm water before massaging your abdomen in the morning.